Business cards have arrived. I can leave a slab of them out for you -- like in our mailbox -- if you want me to. You'll need to pick them up before noon.
That's all moot if I don't see a reply from you or hear from you before I go to work tomorrow...The logo is free. There is no option to configure or design a logo unless you pay. With a free logo you can only pick the font and the color...I can't locate the 800# info that was on the Vista Print site. I'll keep looking.
Random stuff. Here's a poem I wrote about a year ago:
The House
Growing old
Means filling up a bag of bones
And pointy shoulders aimed at the ceiling
As your blind eye does not see the outside world.
-----------------
Careful, then, the old man is awake
Watch as he pads through your rooms
Looking for his glasses and pipe
See him trip over the cat's tail
And curse his arthritis
As he climbs down the stairs.
Another day within your walls
And passing by inside your windows
(he does not see the outside word, does he?)
To spend a quiet afternoon as your warm air
Blankets him during quiet time on the couch.
Maybe a fire in the fireplace tonight?
Or the sad shadows of a few candles at dinner?
Or a little lullaby of some forgotten tune
And notes to fill each room?
House, take another minute then
The shades are drawn
Your're getting sleepy
And remember her
The lady of you
As she crosses your wooden floors
Barefoot and all.
Slowly
Your bones creaking
She lays down, bades the old man to cover her
In one of your white sheets
Dead in your living room forever.
(from Memories From A Future Day, Part 1 Copyright Jim Burfoot 2009)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment