Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bookstore Ideas

I spoke with Dad. He's really not feeling well. I told him I'd call him back tomorrow evening. He should probably call his doctor if this goes on much longer.

From our conversation earlier this evening it sounded like the Black Swan would be your choice for the favorite bookstore visit today. I'd like to check it out also. It sounds like they are more of a storefront for an online business vs an actual store like we invision (well, we are still not sure what that vision is, I know). A cavernous barn with second story lofts? A dark hole lit only by Banker lamps?

I picture lots of wood bookcases, natural lighting, chairs and tables for classes, training, discussions along side nooks and crannies for small groups, quiet reading....and flat screen terminals accessible by anyone that wants to check out Google, or Abebooks or CNN.

Yeah, right.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment