Thursday, December 11, 2008

more stuff

checked a few local book stores to see if the have "clubs" No for Fountain Bookstore and Owens and Ramsey, yes for Creatures 'n Crooks--would like to visit all three.

Also stubled onto a huge list of Antiquarian Booksellers in Virginia. also includes a link to "Antiquarian Free Classifieds>

www.antikbooks.com/usva.htm

2 comments:

  1. pardon my spelling==I assure you its typos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, we run 3 book clubs out of the store, Rick. They're on the website. Two are rotating subject and one it permanent and currently full.

    If you meant memberships, we don't have clubs for that, we want to keep our customer's information private and unsharable.

    I'd be glad to talk to you about bookselling. I am on the board of the Southern Indie Booksellers Alliance and a consultant for several programs for the ABA. My biggest piece of advice would be to attend Winter Institute and go to the school for prospective booksellers.- Kelly Justice

    ReplyDelete