Tuesday, October 20, 2009

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I read the business section of the newspaper as often as possible. Every time I see some new business focused on some niche. Most recently I saw where a couple of guys opened up a storage build/office space for rent business. Not only did they provide the typical storage spaces, but they also rented out small office space that people could use for small start ups--those folks testing the waters before investing in a larger space or paying big rent. In the article I believe they were renting these spaces for as little as $400 month. They said, as a part of their research that they visited hundreds of businesses that started out as storage buildings and added other businesses to the mix (they bought a deserted warehouse or factory and converted it). Come to think of it I remember there was an operation near our home in Michigan that was a combination storage space/postal-copy center/hairdresser and auto detailing shop all in one! Using a no frills space, buying used fixtures, and bringing your vision to life--sometime the "place" isn't as important as the selection, the price, or the services offered.

r

No comments:

Post a Comment